Monday, May 08, 2006

How to Clean an Appartment


Well here it is, my apartment. There is a lot of clutter. We have recently purchased some help from Ikea in the form of the shelving unit on the right in the living room. As well a book case for the office/storage room/study/spare bedroom/computer room/library and some shelves for the bedroom to hold clothes. Matt and I have a really hard time organizing our stuff. Both of us have some kind of phobia of keeping belongings/garbage of the floor. We apparently believe that the more under foot the better and the more items you have to remove to find something from under a pile the closer to utopia you get. Well today is the day I help my self. My mom used to sit on my bed and tell me where the items in my room would go because I never knew where to begin. I'd be crying and sucking my thumb and my mom would patiently tell me where to repatriate the contents of my room from their vacation on the floor. The one thing I know is that in order to keep items off of the floor they need a place of their own, hence the shelving. The next issue is where to begin. A safe place to start is by putting the garbage into a bag. I think I'll begin there. I'll then set up the bookshelf and move into the office/storage room/study/spare bedroom/computer room/library and find a place for it. I'll post more pictures as the process moves along. I'm getting a late start and was hoping I'd be pretty far along by now so I could spend the afternoon reading on the back porch, one of my favourite day off activities.

No comments: