Friday, May 05, 2006

Yesterday


My day yesterday was different. Firstly I was in a fight with my friend. Then off to work for a reasonably normal day. Just before I left work I got a call from my boyfriend who said he had a flat tire and was at the corner of Moodie and Carling. He was biking home and went over a piece of glass and whala flat tire. The plan was that I would bike home when finished work and then get the car and go pick him up. I left work in 15 minutes, it took me 15 minutes to get home and I thought it would take me about 20 minutes to drive to where he was waiting. When I reached into my jacket pocket I found no keys. No keys to the house, to the car, only a key for a bike lock I no longer have (that is another story). So I knocked on the downstairs neighbours door and asked if he would help me break into my appartment. In no time I was discovering that even climbing up onto the roof to try and open the kitchen window of my appartment wouldn't work. My neighbour suggested that I call some one. Right, I thought who? Even if my boyfriend had the cell phone I don't know the number, and not many of my friends have cars. So I called my friend AV, he and I were roomated for years and he has a car but is rarely home. AV's girlfirend answered and told me that AV was on his way home from driving his borther to the airport and he had a cell phone and that he'd be by to pick me up in 15 minutes (two conversations). AV and I took off, the shock on my boyfriends face when AV and I showed up a half an hour late was great. Where's the car were the first words out of his mouth. It's in the driveway I didn't take my keys to work I explained. AV droped us off at home and then everything was fine. We then went to get a new tire for the bike. How exciting, my keys are in my pocket as we speak, although I still don't know the cell phone number.

No comments: